As an Entrepreneur and a Consultant, I’ve seen issues that their root cause is Idleness or Laziness.
Interestingly, I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and the conversation was centred on “Idleness or Laziness”. He shared his story with me and one of what he said was that “It was because I don’t have a job that I took photography seriously, it was then I discovered I know photography”.
Guess what? he got his present contract just because he is good in what he is doing now.
I see alot of people who are unemployed and all they do is to blame others (Government, Poor business policy, how doing business in Ghana is hard etc). They blame others except themselves.
They enroll themselves into “The BLAME GANG” and months and years down the line, they have little or no result that shows their life is improving.
You see, the fact that you’ve no job is not a prerequisite for Idleness. Having no job is an opportunity for you do something about it. It’s not what happens to you that matters but the interpretation you give to it.
Joblessness doesn’t mean mindlessness. Get something doing. Why? Because the more you become idle, the more you become less effective. While growing up, there’s a common saying that says “An Idle hand is the devil workshop”. Here’s the fact, Idleness reduces your creativity and productivity, it reduces your thirst for greatness and once you don’t have the thirst of greatness, poverty is inevitable.
Idleness makes you to always think negativity rather than positivity.
That is why you need to do all it takes to get engaged in something. What God blesses is the work of our hands(irrespective of how little) not our Idleness. Just like my friend, who started photography just because of he had no job. You never can tell, The little thing you engage yourself with will go a long way to help you better and move you forward in life. Interestingly, we live in an exciting and digital times where anything can take you from zero to become a worldwide HERO and vice versa. We’ve seen people who started their mega empire just by posting on social media. We’ve seen people who get sponsorship Deals just because they’re addressing a need in their immediate society.
Now, imagine those people didn’t do the little things they’re doing.
Just anything can make you a talk of the town. Here are my suggestions On What to Do While Expecting
Your Big Break:
1. Learn a Skill: Having skills is the new goldmine. This is best time to arm yourself with necessary skills that will shape your career and future. There are tonnes of skills that you can learn. And interestingly most of them you can learn it for free or cheap. There are tonnes of online courses that you can take. It’s the skills you have that will determine how valuable you’ll be during the course of your career. Instead of spending time on social media posting pictures or browsing through your newsfeed, utilize the same data to equip yourself with skills. Sites such as Udemy , Coursera , Businessballs etc. have courses and resources you can pick up and learn from them. You can also chose to learn offline . Just arm yourself with skills.
2. Volunteer with an NGO: I’ve seen people who got their big break just by volunteering.
Personally, volunteering has make alot of way for me. Discover what you’re passionate about and chose to volunteer for any organization working towards addressing those challenges.
The world we live in have alot of problems and Non Government Organization are working towards addressing those problems. Interestingly, you’ll also build yourself while you volunteer.
3. Find a Cause and Be consistent with it on Social media: This one might sound strange but it shouldn’t be because alot of opportunities are associated with posting on social media.
When you post consistently on social media , people sees you as expert and might even pay you for your coaching service. Posting consistently on finance will make people perceive you as a finance Expert, posting consistently on feminism will make people see you as Feminism Advocate. Also, we now have companies and business looking for content writers , you can chose to start writing content for companies or businesses.
4. Intern in a company: Internship gives you opportunity to earn while you learn. Most organizations loves to take in intern to train them while some later retain their interns to become member of their staffs.
Seek out for internship opportunities. Internship equips you with skills and most internship comes with payment of some token. You can utilize the opportunity to learn as much as you can and you can capitalize on those skills to apply to bigger and we’ll paying organization.
5. Work for Free or Cheap: Working for Free or cheap is 100% better than being idle. Work for free for anybody doing what you love and you’ll be amazed by the resultant effect.
You’ll learn alot in the process and what you learn stays with you forever. So, rather than being idle, take a big step by choosing to work for free or cheap.
6. Start a small business: I believe you can start a small business. Maybe God want you to build another empire. He wants you to be another employer of labour. Why? Because your Small business can grow to employ thousands of people. So, start small and you’ll go big. Just don’t be idle.
7. Attend conferences, seminars, etc. : Aside the opportunities to network with quality people, another advantage is quality knowledge. Conferences, workshop etc helps to widen your perspective. There are tonnes of Events that happens weekly. Check Eventbrite , find those that suit your need and go ahead to attend.
8. Keep Godly Company: “Evil association corrupt good manners” I can’t overemphasize that enough. You’re salt of the earth and the light of the world,keeping bad companies will dim your light. Sieve your friends, be mindful of your Association.
9. Read Books: Books are lifesaver. Get a book to read. There are free ebooks available online if you can’t afford paperback. Check pdfdrive dot net, you’ll seen valuable books to download. Keep reading. Don’t just read motivation books, read Business books, pyschology, Science etc.
10. Draw Close To God: I believe in souvereignity of God. I believe drawing close to God is important during our trying times. Spirituality is still a strategy that shouldn’t be neglected. So, draw Close to God.
Save your older self from tears, maximize your youthful life and shun Idleness. Your dreams are valid if only you start living it. I can’t wait to see you conquer the world and don’t forget to follow my firm
Be your own Boss ,Let me be your Consultant
All Rights Reserved 2020