Instructions to link these essential social media platforms. Instagram and Facebook are two popular social networks used by millions of people every day. While Instagram is owned by Facebook, not everyone uses both social networks. It may be helpful to link your Instagram account to your Facebook account so you can share posts on both platforms concurrently. Here’s how.
What to Know
- In Instagram, select profile > Menu > Settings > Account > Linked Accounts > Facebook. Enter your info and choose Connect.
- Share your Instagram posts and stories automatically by choosing Start Sharing to Facebook. Choose Not Now to share posts manually.
- Your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook profile by default. To select a page, choose Facebook Profile in the Share to column.
How to Link Your Instagram Account to Your Facebook Profile or Page
You can only link your Instagram account to Facebook via the Instagram mobile app for iOS or Android. You can’t do it by signing in to your Instagram account on the web at Instagram.com.
These instructions apply to iOS and Android. The screenshots show the Instagram app for iOS of one of SamBoad’s Customers
Select the profile icon from the bottom menu bar.
Tap the menu icon in the upper-right corner of your profile.
Select Linked Accounts.
Tap Facebook and enter your login details.
To share your Instagram posts and stories automatically to Facebook, select Start Sharing to Facebook. If you want to leave this disabled and enable it later, choose Not Now.
Choosing Not Now keeps your Instagram and Facebook accounts linked, but now you manually choose which Instagram posts you want to post to Facebook. When you create a new Instagram post and reach the caption tab, choose Facebook to post on both platforms. (An additional popup may appear asking if you want to automatically share all posts. Choose Not Now again to keep it manual.)
On the Facebook tab, your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook profile by default. You can change this so that posts are sent to a Facebook Page you manage.
To select a page, choose Facebook Profile in the Share to column. A list of Facebook Pages you manage appears on the next tab. Tap any page to select it so you can share your Instagram posts to it.
You can only share your Instagram posts and stories to one Facebook profile or Page at a time. However, you can choose to share only posts, only stories, or both. Select the buttons beside Share Your Story to Facebook and Share Your Posts to Facebook to turn them on or off.
The Benefits of Linking Your Instagram Account to Facebook
When you link your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you’ll be able to:
- Increase the chances of more of your friends and followers seeing your content.
- Save yourself the extra time from posting the same content on two separate social networks.
- Select whether you want to post your Instagram content to either your Facebook profile or a Page you manage.
- Share Instagram posts automatically to Facebook, or manually select the posts you want to post to Facebook from the post caption.
- Have Instagram photo and video posts show up as Facebook photo and video posts (as opposed to links to the original Instagram posts).
- Choose whether you want to send posts, stories, or both posts and stories to Facebook.
- Post your Instagram stories automatically as Facebook stories.
When you link your Instagram account to a Facebook Page you manage instead of your personal profile, you can add an Instagram tab on your Facebook Page.
Unlink Your Facebook Account From Instagram
If you want to unlink your Facebook account from your Instagram account, go to the Facebook tab from Settings > Account > Linked Accounts and choose Unlink Account.
You can link your Facebook account to your Instagram account again at any time by following the steps above. If you decide to relink it, you might not have to log in to Facebook again if Instagram remembers your login details.
SKB Journal appreciate you a lot for reading! If you enjoyed this piece by Samuel Kwame Boadu, kindly hit the share button and help others to also see it. You can also like our Facebook page, so you know when we make new posts or Click to JOIN our Telegram Channel where we post JOBS + TIPS.