Moringa Leaf is also known by many names like drumstick tree, horseradish tree, kelor tree, miracle tree and mother’s best friend. The tree belonging to the Moringaceae family is native to Asia and Africa. All the parts of this miracle tree-like leaf, gum, bark, roots, fruits, seeds and seed oil have been used to cure various health disorders. There are researches which show that approximately 300 health issues can be tackled by its consumption along with several health benefits as well. We would discuss some of the popular home remedies using Moringa leaves below.
The leaves of this tree are rich in nutrients such as Vitamin A, B, C, D and E. In fact, there is much more content of vitamins as compared to their richest sources like beetroot, carrot, oranges and milk. Its leaf contains 18 essential amino acids which help build protein in our body and help in the proper functioning of the body systems. Some important health benefits of the Moringa leaf are discussed here.
Properties of Moringa
Moringa has the following properties which make it a ‘Miracle Tree’:
- Anti-inflammation – Moringa leaves are rich in iron and have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, thus they are used to treat cuts, bruises and burns. It helps in the quick healing of minor injuries.
- Antioxidant – Moringa powdered leaves contains 46 different kinds of antioxidants. If you take only one serving per day of leaf powder, it will provide you with 22 per cent of recommended daily intake (RDI) of vitamin C and 272 per cent of RDI of vitamin A. These antioxidants help fight free radicals in our body and hence, prevent few types of cancers and degenerative diseases like macular degeneration and cystic fibrosis.
- Amino Acids – Leaves of moringa have 18 types of amino acids, in the 8 are essential, makes complete protein out of them. This property is rarely found in the plant kingdom. In fact, its protein content is rival of flesh proteins and hence, it is an amazing source of protein for vegans. Protein is vital for our body as it helps build muscle, bones, cartilage, blood, tissue repair and is also required to produce various enzymes and hormones.
- Magnesium and Calcium – One serving provides with 61 percent of RDI and 125 percent of calcium. Calcium is required to build stronger bones and teeth and magnesium is needed for its proper absorption.
- Extensive Nutrient Content – It contains 90 various kinds of nutrients that include 4 times more potassium than is found in bananas, 4 times more calcium than found in milk, 36 times more magnesium than eggs and 50 times more vitamin B3 than found in peanuts. It also contains high content of iodine, zinc, lutein, zeatin, selenium, beta-carotene and dietary fiber.
Health Benefits of Moringa Leaf
Due to the above nutritional content in Moringa leaves, the following vital health benefits are found:
- Cholesterol – Consumption of Moringa leaves helps reduce various heart diseases and several other cardiovascular diseases as it contains fat burning and energy boosting properties.
- Diabetes – Since, insulin is reduced due to diabetes, Moringa leaves provide energy without raising sugar levels which makes it a best remedy for diabetes patients.
- Hair health – Its vitamins and minerals help in healthy scalp and hair. Cleansing hair with Moringa leaves prevent dandruff, damaged and dry hair and also increase hair growth.
- Helps Digestion – Moringa leaves help food to be properly digested and allow more nutrition absorption.
- Nervous Disorders – There are effective results against several nervous disorders by consumption of Moringa leaves like headache, migraine and irritability.
- Detoxification – Its leaves are wonderful detoxification and cleansing agent that helps cleanse the body of various toxins.
- Acne – Moringa leaves extract is used in used in cosmetic industry to prepare products to enhance fairness and purify skin.
- Lactation – Its leaves are given to nursing mothers to increase lactation.
- Vision – Moringa leaves are rich in vitamin A which provide nourishment to the eyes.
- Energy – Moringa leaves increase energy levels in a natural way.
The above are a few health benefits of Moringa leaves. If Moringa leaves are consumed on a regular basis, it will also help lower blood pressure, boosts the immune system of the body and causes weight loss.
SKB News Magazine appreciate you a lot for reading! If you enjoyed this, kindly hit the share button and help others to also see it. You can also like our Facebook page so you know when we make new posts or Click to JOIN our Telegram Channel were we post JOBS + TIPS